Typically forgiving ourselves is the most difficult! Embarrassment and sometimes guilt prevent us from letting go and moving on.. I’m asking that rather than continuing to reminisce and reflect on the experience as a negative thing, lets reflect on it as a learning experience. We tend to dwell on negative things in our past and continue to remind ourselves of it.
Until you can forgive yourself you will be trapped in your past!
Try these strategies to help you forgive yourself and move forward:
See if you can Fix. Ask yourself is there anything you could have done differently. Maybe you could have but didn’t at the time. There is still life after this mistake so you know what to do or not do in the future.
- This mistake could have been a long while back and if this situation caused pain to someone else, consider contacting them and still offering an apology and ask for forgiveness. This is not only for their benefit but for yours. This gesture can be very healing for all involved.
- If this is not possible, consider doing some pay it forward deeds to help others in the “Name” of the other person. You will get such a relief and joy from doing this gesture.
- If you caused someone a monetary loss, if there is any way possible try to figure a mutual resolution for restitution.
Be honest with yourself
Was it your fault? Was it something that could have been avoided? Time to reflect on that mistake and then get over it. Clearly identify what happened and own up to it if it was your fault. Do not try to justify it if you were at fault!
- Say it out loud… Being brutally honest with yourself and stating where you went wrong is the first step to moving on.
- Consider how your mistake affected others and see if from their point of view.
- This is a great time to seek counsel. It could be a good friend, a coach, or a religious avenue but sometimes just sharing with a third party allows you to get over it.
Realize that you have Grown up since then.
Now is the time to give yourself a break, forgive yourself and know you have grown from the entire situation. Seek ways to help others and stop judging yourself so harshly!
We all make mistakes, some are more visible than others and some cause more pain than others but you deserve forgiveness..
We at MCA know you might have made mistakes that could have cost you big time. Maybe even your good credit was jeopardized because of it, but we want you to be able to get past it and move on to a brighter future.
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?