7 New Year’s Tips
7 New Year’s Tips for a more prosperous year.
Unfortunately, we live in a world that is all about what you can do for others and not what you can do for yourself. We need to look at ways to take care of us before we can take care of others. In other words, how do you fuel your fire. What are you going to do to take care of you in 2016?
- Choose How You Start Your Day – You make the choice how you start your day and you can be unhappy and cranky or you can choose to start your day grateful that you were given another chance to enjoy life and love. The choice will always be yours. Choose to wake up thinking out loud about a few things you are grateful for and watch the transformation to your attitude.
- Start a Gratitude Journal – When you feeling like life is overwhelming you grab a journal and write down your feelings (even if they are negative). Then, give it a new spin. Find ways to turn the negative into a positive. Ex: Your negative could be I didn’t lose any weight today but the positive could be I learned what to eat today in order to lose that weight easily.
- Take Time for You – While we have all been taught we are supposed to help others as that is what makes us a better person, the truth is you need to take time for yourself. This keeps you from becoming overwhelmed and stressed. If you are stressed, you will not have a positive influence on anyone. You are worth every moment you take for yourself and you deserve it!
Maybe it is time to start a new habit that will make your life better. Remember good habits are not easy to create and bad habits are hard to break.
- Create Daily Me Time – Once you understand that taking time out for yourself is a contribution then it’s time to schedule it. It is important to keep your integrity to yourself when declaring your “me” time. Set aside some time daily. If you are like most, this may seem near impossible; but guess what? You can find 15 minutes every day. This 15 minutest may be to read a book, meditate or pray.
- Let Others Know You are Serious about Your Personal Time – No matter your importance at work or home set these boundries. Now that you have an established amount of time and set time of day, let everyone know you have a big, “Do Not Disturb” sign on your back. It’s fifteen minutes a day for goodness sake. Everyone will survive without you for a while.
- Keep Positive People Close to You – Your attitude will directly affect your day; so if you are being unhappy and negative, your day will spiral into a unhappy and negative day. Keep positive friends close by and reel them in when you need a boost. Don’t be ashamed of your bad moods, just take responsibility for them. Grab a friend, talk about it and then let it go. A true friend appreciates you for the real you!
- Laugh it Off – Have you ever started your day by tripping over something, losing your car keys or finding that the raccoons knocked over your garbage pail? Rather than get upset, laugh it off as life stuff or sing a favorite song. You’ll be glad you did. Have you ever heard a baby giggle? No one can listen to that precious giggle without smiling or laughing themselves. Be positively contagious!
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?