Business Etiquette? In today’s society, common courtesy is unheard of. In Business it is not an option.
- Always be prompt. Plan a few extra minutes in case you run into an unexpected issue.
- A handshake is always appropriate. Keep in mind a good firm (not debilitating) handshake is necessary if you want to be perceived as confident and professional.
- Always look people in the eye when you speak to them. Shifty eyes can be perceived as someone you can’t trust.
- Take the lead and make sure you introduce everyone to each other. Many times it is assumed individuals know each other when in fact they don’t. Save embarrassment of forgetting a name by taking the lead and making those introductions.
- Don’t take credit for ideas and work others do. That is the fastest way to make enemies.
- I may be something you learned at a very young age but it is amazing what Please and Thank You can do to build relationships and retain them. If you want to stand out in all the noise today writer a personal Thank You note and leave on a desk or mail.
- When in a group please be careful of the flavor of your conversation in order to not make anyone feel uncomfortable.
- We all know people that more than you do the minute you start the conversation. Etiquette says we need to never be rude and interrupt people. Wait your turn to offer that fabulous idea or opinion.
- Always knock and wait to be invited into someone’s office. This includes standing back if someone is on the phone and you walk up to their cubical to talk with them. In other words don’t eavesdrop on conversations intentionally. Everyone is entitled to a private conversation.
- Never TRY to embarrass anyone. What goes around comes around.
- Do not stand over someone and read their email or text. Those are private.
- Things have not changed in the fact we still never discuss politics or religion in the workplace. What you do in your off time is totally up to you. You can make other very uncomfortable with either of these 2 topics.
- The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated.
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?