What to look for in a Collection Agency
- How long have they been in business? You want to make sure they have had experience working with all kinds of collection and not the Rookie Business.
- Where Can they do Business? Make sure you have contacted a collection agency that has experience in your local jurisdiction.
- What kind of rating do they have with the Better Business Bureau? In other words do they have proven success of taking care of their customers in the same industries like you?
- What Size is the Business? Is it a Solopreneur or is it a business that has a team to work for you.
- What Industries are their Forte’? Do they have experience working with your industry and what kind of success have they had.
- How often will they be in contact? Will they keep in touch with you and what type of reporting can you expect?
- Do they treat your customers with respect? If they didn’t treat you with respect and professionalism you wouldn’t hire them. However, do they treat YOUR customers with the same respect and professionalism?
- Do they Keep Up with Laws, Changes and Regulations? This is one of the main reasons it is so much easier to turn over your collections to a professional is because it releases you from the liability if you don’t know the laws regarding collections.
- Are they insured? If they are a reputable collection agency they will have their own insurance to protect you and them
- Do they have an upfront fee? Collection agencies that have great success do not charge an upfront fee they only charge you if they do their job and collect. Why should you pay for their mistakes and time wasted?
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?