10 Self-Improvement Tips to help you become the best you, you can be!
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Changing for a better habit isn’t always easy but can be the most rewarding. Here are some practical tips on self-improvement.
.If you’re looking to become a better you the following ten tips will smooth the transition and have you creating new habits in no time at all.
- Choose How You Start Your Day – You can choose to start your day crabby and irritable or you can choose to start your day grateful that you were given another chance to enjoy life The choice is always yours. Choose to wake up declaring out loud a few things you are grateful for and watch how this daily habit changes your day and your life.
- Take Time for You – We have all been taught to take care of others first just the truth is you need to take time for yourself in order to be that better person. If you are burned out and stressed, you will not be a positive contribution to anyone. Taking time out for yourself is not selfish; it gives you the opportunity to refresh your own wellbeing.
- Keep Negative People out of Your Bubble – You will never rid yourself of all the negative people in your life. After all, some of them are your employers, co-workers and family members. You don’t have to let their negativity into your space. Make a choice to slowly distance yourself from them and know that their negativity has nothing to do with you; it’s their stuff don’t own it for yourself. You do not have to participate in others disappointment and negativity.
- Be the Person You Envision – If you are seeking a mate in life or even if you want to attract more success – be the person that you envision successfully reaching those goals. Sets goals, takes risks and faces challenges with grace. While hard at first, the more you practice, the closer you will be to becoming that successful person.
- Time to Get Organized – Begin getting a system in place. Set up a filing system, get a calendar and keep it updated (Color code it). throw out your unnecessary junk. Once the initial work is done, all you have to do is maintain the organized systems. Don’t want to do it yourself? Pay a teen to do it for you or help you get it done quickly.
- Create Daily Me Time – Once you understand that taking time out for yourself is a contribution then it’s time to schedule it. It is important to keep your integrity to yourself when declaring your “me” time. Set aside some time daily. If you are like most, this may seem near impossible; but guess what? You can find 15 minutes every day.
- Be Dedicated to Your Personal Time Now – If you don’t respect your personal time, no one else will. Take your 15 minute meditation or devotional time in the morning or your daily time out on the front stoop just listening to nature.
- Let Others Know You are Serious about Your Personal Time – Once you have an established amount of time and set time of day, let everyone know you have a big, “Do Not Disturb” sign on your back. It’s fifteen minutes a day for goodness sake. Everyone will survive without you for a while.
- Start a Gratitude Journal – When you are feeling overwhelmed, grab a journal and write down your feelings – even if they are negative. Then, give it a new spin. For example, even though I didn’t get the promotion I wanted, I now know what the process is and what I need to work on to better my chances before I put in for the next promotion. I am exactly where I am supposed to be in this moment and am grateful for the great things to come.
- Time Chunk – Chunk your time into sections and give yourself an allotted time frame for whatever you are doing and stick to it. Have you ever started cleaning out a closet in the bedroom and somehow found yourself cleaning the kitchen only to return to the bedroom? This will allow you to get more done in less time.
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?