This time of year, you hear a lot about Joy! From Joy to the world to Joy at the holidays. Let’s add Joy to your day!
Not only this time of year but on a regular basis we live our lives on a perpetual state of BUSY. We are so busy juggling everyday tasks from children to significant others to work. So much so we forget to take time to do things that make us happy or should I say creates JOY! Without joy, you can become unhappy and it can start to affect your health.
Per the Health Psychology study “Joy and optimism provided a 51% reduction in the rates of heart disease among those who were followed for 10 years during the study”. This not only affects heart disease but high blood pressure, upper respiratory and diabetes.
Here are 10 simple steps you can take to boost your mood which in turns creates a better atmosphere for being healthy!
- Try writing in a journal the little things that make you happy. Focus on the positive not the negative. Appreciate all the things around you that bring Joy!
- Take joy breaks (this will automatically lift your mood) It may mean getting up and singing a little song or having a happy dance.
- Instead of just drinking your drink so quickly or scarfing the dessert, take time to savor it and eat or drink it slowly and think on happy things.
- Call a friend and recall some joyful moments you shared together.
- Count your blessings no matter how great or small.
- Help someone as it is hard to not have Joy when you are doing something for someone else.
- Envision completing a goal as that will put a smile on your face and create a taste of Joy.
- Use your imagination and create the world you would love to be a part of. Using our imagination is not just for children but it is a place to escape not so happy things that everyone in life experience. Remember you are the only one that can limit that powerful imagination of yours.
- Learn something new – try a new dish.
- Laugh and enjoy life. Joy is all around you!
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?