In the past have you struggled with staying on track to reach your goals? Here are a few tips on how to stay goal-focused and achieve anything you set your mind to. Many times, we blame work, family, money, friends, and technology for us not achieving our goals We can’t blame others or things when we just can’t stay focused.
We try, we try hard but despite our best intentions, we fall off the track!
A study at the University of Hertfordshire revealed that nearly 50% of people make a New Year’s resolution that includes a meaningful goal. However, over 78% of people will fail to maintain their focus and achieve that goal.
Let’s make sure you are in that 22% that stay focused. The sky is the limit!
- Break down your goals: If you will break down your goals into bite-size pieces you will not feel the overwhelm. Like taking a pie and cutting it into 8 pieces. You will determine by each segment what steps you need to take for only that segment: This helps to make it realistic and achievable. Accomplish one, then move to the next and the next. Before long you can look back as some major achievements.
- Don’t pick too many goals: Look at your goals and put them in priority. You cannot pick 10 goals and try to accomplish all them. You will fail. Instead of trying to focus on too many goals, narrow down to 1-3 major goals. You can break it down to yearly, monthly weekly goals. When we get overwhelmed out motivation goes away.
- Create a board: This will allow you to be specific to look at. Since the majority of us are visual learners, this helps to remind us daily in a form we can see in our mind. Take a poster board, bulletin board, or electronic platform, and fill it with pictures and other images that help you maintain your enthusiasm and focus. There is no right or wrong way to do a vision board. What reminds you of the goal is what counts.
- Get an Accountability Partner: Choose wisely when looking for an accountability partner. Someone who will lovingly hold you accountable. Look for someone who can encourage you when you hit a rough spot and will celebrate every success with you.
- Document Everything: However, you are comfortable documenting get started. It could be a journal, a spreadsheet or video. Writing down or video your thoughts, especially successes will help you stay motivated.
- Start with the end in mind: Visualize yourself how you will feel when you accomplish that goal. Where are you? Who are you with? What are you doing to celebrate?
You have got this. Stay focused and reach all your goals!
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?