Is Fear Holding You Back from Success? Have you held back from achieving success due to fear of failure? Although nobody enjoys failing, letting fear of failure sabotage your chances for success is counterproductive. Refusing to try is the only true failure; without trying, your chances of success are 0%. Perseverance is key, as countless stories of historical figures failing time and time again but not giving up prove. Consider the following examples of people who persevered despite setbacks:
- Babe Ruth, known for his home runs, also had 1330 career strikeouts. However, he didn’t let the strikeouts discourage him and his success. He once said, “Every strikeout brings me closer to the next home run.”
- Colonel Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken, was rejected 1,009 times when trying to market his chicken recipe. He finally found success in 1952 when he partnered with a Utah restaurant owner, and by the early 1960s, there were over 600 KFC locations in the US and Canada.
- Albert Einstein didn’t speak until he was four and didn’t learn to read until he was seven. When he was growing up, one of his teachers described him as “mentally slow.” Yet he went on to win the Nobel Prize in physics and devise the theory of relativity.
- Henry Ford had several failed businesses before finding success in manufacturing cars. He went broke five times before his success with the Ford Motor Company.
- John Grisham’s first book, A Time to Kill, was rejected by 28 different publishers before one publisher finally took a chance on him. He has gone on to sell over 250 million copies of his books.
- Sylvester Stallone had to sell his dog for $25 to pay his electric bill and was rejected over 1,500 times before United Artists offered him $125,000 for the Rocky script. He refused the deal unless he could star in the movie, eventually accepting a different deal that paid him just $35,000 and a percentage of the profits. The original movie grossed over $200 million, and the Rocky franchise has grossed over $1 billion. Successful people embrace failure because they realize that there is no such thing as success without it. Don’t let fear of failure hold you back from accomplishing your dreams an fulfilling your success.
MCA is a third-party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect it! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out-of-pocket expense?