We know there are many more than 7 ways to keep motivated but less start with these 7.
Don’t let anyone rain on your parade!Finding your passion gives you the strength you need to get started but what will fuel your fire to keep you motivated? It’s when the going gets tough that many times we need ways to keep ourselves motivated and moving toward the prize no matter what that prize may be. If your goal is a long way off we can get burnt out and fall off the motivation wagon. Ex: If you have 10 lbs to lose or a 100 lbs to lose to be healthy makes a difference on the amount of motivation you may need for improving your health. Ex: Starting a home based business compared to starting a brick and mortar business is the same way. You have a much smaller investment in the home based business but you have to keep yourself motivated to pay off the loan on the brick and mortar location.
What is your WHY?
What motivates you?
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Brian LittrellYou may be looking at a long list of things you need to accomplish. Starting out you may be ready to tackle it all with a fierceness as a lion but what will you use to keep that momentum going?
- Start with the old cliche Fake it till you Make it strategy. In other words act like it has already happened.
- Start with an image in your mind seeing it as completed. What does success look like to you, visualize it!
- Create a Vision board of exactly what you want to accomplish. Most of us are motivated by visual images.
- Make a list of the top 3-5 things you plan to accomplish first and don’t let yourself off the hook!
- Get an accountability partner. Not a soft friend but someone who will hold you accountable if you don’t follow through.
- Use Post It notes in places you look on a daily basis just a quick reminder to stay motivated.
- Reward yourself for each step you accomplish and get closer.