What is Self-Esteem?
According to Webster Dictionary:
Definition of self-esteem
Confidence and satisfaction in oneself: SELF-RESPECT
Would you agree basically self-esteem is having a realistic and positive sense of who you are? It is having a strong belief in one’s abilities and knowing your strengths and weaknesses. Positive you like yourself.
Our self-esteem was influenced by the time we were small children. It can affect how much confidence you have in yourself today. However, no matter your self-esteem as a child, you can learn some tips to help you as an adult.
Appreciate and be proud of Your Accomplishments
There are always going to be the dark cloud people in your life that want to bring you down and cause you to question yourself. You have a choice to believe them or believe they have a right to their own opinion, but their opinion has no effect on you.
- Make a list. Remember your past victories. What have you done in the past that makes you proud of who you are? What have you created or choose to do during those times that made you feel more in control and confident?
- Align your actions with your values. What values do you have to support your character? What choices have you made in the past that cause you to stress and what ones give you peace of mind?
Take risks. When you are feeling confident it enables you the strength to take risks when in any other situation you would not. Where could you expand your horizons and step out of your comfort zone?
- Determination through obstacles. Having a goal is easy but what is tougher is completing that goal. Sometimes when we miss the mark and don’t complete a goal it has a way of knocking us down. Stay confident and determined to accomplish your goals to the best of your ability.
Stand in Your Faith
For many of us, our spiritual faith whatever that means to you, defines who we are and our purpose in life. Show how valuable you think life is by standing on your faith.
- Embrace who you are. Your faith will help you recognize your unique gifts and give you the courage to be yourself. Authenticity is the basis of true confidence. Set aside time each day to connect with your divine through prayer or meditation. Find a space where you can quiet your mind.
Read – be Inspired. Find a few books of inspiration. Maybe from a mentor or someone you trust and admire. You can always rely on friends for a selection of books they enjoy. .
- Discuss and Study. Have a healthy discussion and study who you believe what you do. Let others challenge in order to deepen your understanding.
Collaborate with Social Support
While it is our responsibility to develop our own self-esteem, having others who believe in us helps build our confidence muscle.
- Play with your dog. Seriously playing with your animal you get a quick boost of confidence. All it takes it looking through that animals’ eyes or admiration to help you stand a little taller. They are loyal and compassionate, which you should be to yourself as well.
Close friendships. If most of your interactions throughout the day are mostly business, then it is time you get to communicate with friends. Build close relationships outside of the business. Are your daily interactions mostly about work?
- Love and accept yourself for who you are. As you build your self-esteem, you will start to feel more respected and worthy. This alone will help you complete and fulfill your goals on a much higher level.
Be CONFIDENT in who you are! Let your
SELF-ESTEEM build with a humble underlay!
MCA is a third party debt collection agency that has been in constant business since 1950. We are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau and we pride ourselves on excellent customer service along with delivering great recovery rates. There is no cost to you unless we collect it! Why not try and re-coop some of your past due accounts with no out of pocket expense?